Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blogging Beginner

Yes, this is my very first blog and, to my surprise, found that it was quite simple to create one. I am excited and looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone on how to utilize technology in the classroom for the benefit of our future students. 

I love the idea of using a blog in the classroom because it allows students to have more time to reflect on what they have learned, form their own opinions or thoughts and express them to the class.
  •  I would, first, begin the blogging process by creating one blog for the entire class.
           - This blog would be used for posting announcements, assignments, projects, due dates and discussions for the all the students to respond to and for parents who desire to know what goes on in their child's class.
  • Next, I would have each student create their own blog.
           - For this blog, students would be encouraged to post their own research, discussion topics and questions, or simply express their thoughts and opinions while other students would be able to view and comment with specific guidelines.
  • Finally, I would like to combine discussions with other classrooms and not only the one classroom alone to allow the students to be exposed to other opinions and learn from other students.

From this experience, my goal would be for the students to learn communicating skills and how to express their thoughts effectively through writing. 

16 comments:

  1. I think it is a good idea to post announcements, assignments, projects, and due dates to a blog. This would allow students that were absent that day to see what they missed, and for parents to know what you are doing in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an excellent idea to get the other classrooms involved! It not only exposes students to different points of view, but it helps them meet other people. This could be really beneficial in elementary school where students are with the same group of people all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great to post due dates and announcements on the blog not only to keep the students informed but their parents as well. I also think it would be really cool to get to interact with other classrooms to be exposed to more opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that it would be really beneficial to use a blog to communicate with other classrooms. If they were able to talk with more students their age than just the ones they spend most of their time with then their social skills will be greatly improved. Also having a class blog to keep everyone posted is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that posting due dates online is always a good idea. If you have two of the same classes at different times of the day, it is a good way for both classes to interact and have discussions about the material they have learned in class,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of creating a blog for the entire class. That will help keep all of your students informed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of using the blog for announcements. The only problem I see in that is that some students won't pay attention in class and just read the blog to see what to do and what happened in class. Other than that it is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kelly, but perhaps you could just limit the amount of information and make it more like an outline instead of going over every bit of the material that you covered in class. Other than that, I like the goals that you have for your students as it promotes them to be open to new ideas and opinions on a variety of different subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the structured goals for the students. I also like that it would be a tool for the parents to use as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you have such a well thought out structure. With having the students be exposed to other things is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you mentioned that you would provide them specific commenting guidelines. Giving effective feedback is not something that just comes naturally -- it takes lots of practice and guidance at first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that students will have their own blogs instead of a big class blog. I think that a personal blog will let the students be more comfortable with blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the idea of getting other classrooms involved. This allows students to get opinions from other students they aren't around all day long and they can see what other teachers are discussing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that you would let other class rooms get involved also. That is a good way for students to get new ideas and build relationships with other students.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ideas are wonderful! I am sure you will make blogging so much fun for your students! I love your background and the look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you have every thing planned out so nice. Good ideas!

    ReplyDelete