Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Multiple Intelligence

   When I took the multiple intelligence test, I believed that my two main learning styles would be kinesthetic and naturalist. (Boy, was I wrong!) To my surprise, the results displayed that my highest scores were in the kinesthetic and music categories. It was completely different from what I had expected. How many of you had that same experience? If so, what did you learn about yourself?
    Due to the circumstances, I became intrigued as to whether or not both the learning styles, kinesthetic and naturalist, showed any relationship within the rest of the class's results. I began the process by collecting data from the first ten participants. (This is demonstrated in the chart below.) From the information gathered, I discovered that four out of the ten participants had a higher score in the naturalist column and five had a higher score in the kinesthetic column while one participant shared the same score in both categories. Drawing from these results, I concluded that an equal relationship between the two learning styles is not very common. Either people who learn more through 'doing' or 'hands on' activities use less naturalistic ways of learning and vice versa.
   From this activity, I learned that simply because I am more interested in a certain type of intelligence, it doesn't mean that I learn that way best or that it is my area of strength. Instead, learning is based on our mental abilities which, according to Gardner, there are multiple ways that we learn and our strengths are within the ways we learn best.







No comments:

Post a Comment